Dorie Miller Memorial Post 331 Inc.
American Legion Department of Florida
4325 Fairmont St.
Orlando, Fl. 32808
407 294 7228
10 December 2018
Directs and organizes the activities of the bar/lounge to maintain high standards of beverage quality, customer service and marketing to maximize profits through outstanding customer service and ensuring guest satisfaction.
• Three years food and beverage experience.
• At least five years in related field required or combination of experience and education.
Skills and Knowledge
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities
and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Ability to transport, handle and/or lift and move over 35 lbs. to a height of 5 feet (NOTE: The transporting, moving, lifting, and/or stacking of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages).
• Ability to accomplish necessary tasks on a computer.
• Meet governmental regulations dealing with the sale of alcoholic beverages.
• Meet regulatory health requirements.
• Knowledge of beverage operations, basic drink service and supervisory
• Knowledge of beers, liquors and wines.
• Ability to walk, stand, and/or bend continuously to perform essential job functions.
• Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger, and to collect accurate information and resolve problems.
• Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy
• Ability to access and accurately input information using moderately complex computer, point of sales, and credit systems.
EDUCATION OR CERTIFICATION
• High School graduate or equivalent required
• Four year college degree preferred
• Responsible Vendor Certified preferred (or capable of obtaining w/in first 6 mos)
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Overseeing the functions of the facility, to include general bar and lounge service to private functions.
- Monitoring the set-up of the bar, lounge, private functions and hospitalities.
- Assisting with the set-up of bar, lounge, private functions and hospitalities when needed.
- Coordinating and supporting vendor usage and private functions.
- Monitoring the lounge, private functions to see that areas are adequately staffed and begin on time.
- Assisting guest(s) with any problems or needs.
- Directly supervising lounge employees in order to fulfill client needs in accordance with House Committee policies and procedures.
- Maintain the highest level of employee/guest relations.
- Ability to work any assigned shift/work schedule.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all Departments.
- Any other task, written or verbal, that is assigned by the House Committee.
- Participate in monthly beverage inventory as specified by the House Committee.
- Ensure proper beverage requisition and ordering processes are followed through on a weekly basis.
- Continuously source quality products for the bar to include beer, spirits, wine and mixers.
- Ensure employee training programs are in place and used as required.
- Hire, train, supervise, direct, coach, counsel, and evaluate bar/lounge staff. Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the staff. Assign and instruct bar/lounge staff in details of work. Observe performance and encourage improvement where necessary.
- Communicate with guests and employees using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information. Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy lounge activity, serving as a role model for the staff and other Post 331 members.
- Field customer complaints by conducting thorough research of the situation in order to choose the most effective solutions. Make decisions and take actions based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising procedures to accommodate unusual situations. Demonstrate knowledge of third party liability and detect and act upon guest inebriation as necessary.
- Develop and implement basic operating standards for bar/lounge service in compliance with federal, state, local and Post 331’s own practices.
- Keep the House Committee informed of any unusual or abnormal circumstance or event involving operations, guests, and/or employees.
To apply for this position, send a resume’ to the above address, Attn: House Committee, or hand deliver to any officer/House committee member. This announcement is open until the position is filled.